I will be trekking up Mt. Kilimanjaro in March 2013, hoping to raise some money for charity while I'm about it!

Thursday 17 January 2013

Training and preparation

So my weeks training has been going well so far, I have had a lot of advise from people all over the globe and found it all to be really helpful! The stairmaster is by far my favorite so far, I took my kindle to the gym and just read for the whole time I was there, it felt like a bit of a cheat but the time flew by and I still worked pretty hard!

I'll be buying some of my equipment in the next week, I will try to keep an updated list, so far I need to buy:


1 x Waterproof jacket with removable double lining

2 x Goretex hiking trousers

1 x Thermal top

1 x Thermal tights

1 x Pair of hiking boots

3 x Smartwool socks

2 x Pairs of gloves (1 x light running gloves & 1 x skiing)

1 x Pair of UV protection sunglasses

1 x Sunhat


There are more miscellaneous items that I will most likely forget until the last minute (mosquito net!) so hopefully putting them on here will help me remember everything!

If anyone has any recommendations feel free to comment here, I've been pricing everything up and it's scary how quick it mounts up.

It'd be quite fun having a slippery run in the snow tomorrow, I doubt it will happen but if it does I'll make sure to steer clear of the cliff paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.