I will be trekking up Mt. Kilimanjaro in March 2013, hoping to raise some money for charity while I'm about it!

Monday 18 February 2013

17 days and counting

It's almost two weeks until I leave, I can't believe it has come so quickly! I know I only booked the flights last month but it's still crept up quickly. I healed up quickly from the jabs only suffering from a bruise, my mums friend had a yellow fever injection on the same day and had a fever and pretty bad headache so I got off lightly.

I set up an annual travel insurance policy so if there is any problem I should be covered, I managed to get a policy that allowed climbing up to 6000 meters without an increased premium which I am pretty happy about.

Yesterday I dragged my mum and dad around the cliffs which was really cool, even though it wasn't necessarily warm it was sunny which made a big difference from the rain we've been dealing with recently. I think I probably looked a little silly in my full kit with them but it doesn't matter as it was good to have a clean walk, apart from my dad, who fell over trying to navigate around a muddy puddle..

I took another delivery on Friday which I'd been looking forward to for a while, socks. Yes socks, they are really nice though, I went for a couple pairs of Bridgedale hiking socks with liners too, I wore them to work with my boots and my feet felt amazing, I didn't think socks would make that much of a difference but I was wrong. So far I really can't recommend them enough, I'll let you know how they do on the mountain though, that'll be the true test to see if the merino wool was worth it!

Hope you've all had a good weekend,

Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.