I will be trekking up Mt. Kilimanjaro in March 2013, hoping to raise some money for charity while I'm about it!

Monday 11 February 2013

Just over 3 weeks to go!

Hi all,

I've had to slow down on posting but I will bring you all up to speed now.

I've put a photocopy of the press below where you can see my photogenic side.. well maybe not so. I've also officially booked my climb! I had some cautious looks from the attendant at Lloyds when I said I wanted to wire money to Tanzania but the company has multiple good reviews on Tripadvisor and my friend Doug from New York assured me they looked after him on his ascent.

I've also been busy buying things from my ever increasing list, the nurses at my mums work put together a first aid kit which was nice but hopefully unnecessary - better safe than sorry though!

I had to sent off my Visa application along with my passport and two passport photos (which, with no photo-booths on the island, were a nightmare to get.) I hope that it returns to be safe and with an accepted application! I'd be pretty sad if for some reason it was rejected!!

My boots are officially worn in and now very comfortable, I hope they are up to the task of keeping my feet dry though, not that there has been any lack of rain the past week. I tried out a pair of my hiking trousers on Sunday in a torrential downpour and was surprised to see the water actually bouncing off, I hope they can handle snow too.

I've not heard too much from my sister in Durban but from what I can gather it is very hot! The other night I looked at the weather in Arusha where I will be staying and it was 20 degrees.. at 2am! It is currently 23 degrees and the local time is 11.21pm, I'm very likely to melt, I am far more adapted to the cold and my pasty skin usually burns even in the shade (I think I came up with the activity shadebathing in Cape Town when the rest of my family were in the sun a few years ago!) If anyone spots a 6 foot lobster coming off the plane in April don't be alarmed. Hopefully I wont be too afflicted as I have stocked up on SPF 50+, the sun wont even see my skin.

The countdown has already started and it is now just 24 days until I leave, I have to be honest, I'm getting a little bit excited!

Thank you all for keeping up with me, it's been hard work this past week without a day off or lunch hour to write anything. I'm trying to prioritise a bit better :)

Hope you've all had a good week!

Clinton


 P.S. If anyone from the press is reading and it's not okay for me to post the scan just let me know and I'll take it down, I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not, if not I'm sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.