I will be trekking up Mt. Kilimanjaro in March 2013, hoping to raise some money for charity while I'm about it!

Monday 21 January 2013

Habari za mchana

Hi everyone,

It's been a couple of days since I last posted, I've not been at my computer much and didn't have a lot to say earlier!

I've been trying to learn a bit of Swahili with little success, learning languages was never a strong point of mine so it is tough, especially when 'no' (hapana) sounds more positive than 'yes' (ndio).

Pronunciation is a little different to English, the vowels are sounded a little differently and every letter is pronounced. That is pretty simple with words like Rafiki (friend) but gets a little complicated with phrases like Kiswahili changu ni kibaya sana (My Swahili is terrible)!

I'm sure it's not too big a deal but I really like being able to speak at least enough to have a small conversation, it might make all the difference.

I've also been in communication with a tour operator about booking my climb but that's a story for a different post!

Hope you have a good Monday (Jumatatu)

Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.