I will be trekking up Mt. Kilimanjaro in March 2013, hoping to raise some money for charity while I'm about it!

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Karibu

Today is my rest day so I thought I would make a short post about a couple of things.

Originally I thought it would be a good experience to go over with nothing booked and sort the climb and everything whilst I was there, my dad has since talked me into booking in advance to avoid any disappointments! I wouldn't want to travel all this way to find I couldn't climb the mountain.

I have been in contact with a Tanzanian company which works in conjunction with a local orphanage, the proceeds from the Kilimanjaro exhibitions the provide go towards funding a local orphanage.
I am now planning to spend a couple of days there to help out, I think it will be a huge learning experience for me, I don't know about you but I have been taking a lot for granted recently.



I'll keep updating if there is any news, for now asante sana for reading!

(As you can see I am still trying with the Swahili!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.